Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Just Do It!

I just gotta tell you  all how lucky I am to have an amazing mother-in-law. My family and I are living with my in-laws for a few months (Tanner's school/work stuff) and although it is a bit of an adjustment, I am loving having an extra "Mom" around to help out with my three young kids. If it wasn't for her, I would be finding it very difficult to focus on making healthy choices for myself. This stage I'm in is hard on me AND the girls because healthy habits are not habits yet, so I find myself constantly thinking about food, water, and exercise while trying not to stress myself out (because I'm stress eater!). One day I will have built the habits and have the balanced routine, but until then I have my mother-in-law. Bless her heart.

With three little kiddies, I have to get creative with how I fit in my workouts. Usually it's during nap/movie time or when Tanner's home at the end of the day. But today, my amazing mother-in-law let me do my workout while we took the girls to the park! Today's workout was a little longer and she took care of my girls so that I could do it!



It's pretty obvious that these girls love their Grandma A.

And obviously I do, too!

I remember to years back, even just this past year actually, when I would think that conditions had to be perfect to get a workout in. I had, like, this mental checklist and if anything was amiss then I couldn't exercise.
- Wake up early before everyone else. CHECK.
- In a good mood. CHECK.
- Weather not to cold (or hot). CHECK.
- Hair brushed and clean(ish) clothes on. CHECK.
- Shoes on. CHECK.
- iPod . . . charged? . . . crap. I'm going back to bed. 
No joke. I've seriously done this! It was like I was looking for any excuse to get out of going for even a simple walk. I am learning to make less excuses and to just DO IT! Workout in your yard, your basement, your garage, at a park, at night. It doesn't matter as long as you get your body moving! I'll admit, I was a little nervous doing today's workout at the park, because there were a lot of other people around to watch me, but I did it anyway.


All the way from this blog, where my sister-in-law Malorie is a guest contributor, here is today's workout (with a few tweaks to suit my fitness level), all of which I did in/around a playground. This was a hard but fun one, so enjoy!

3 ROUNDS of:
20 squats
10 right leg step ups
10 left leg step ups
400 meter run

Then 3 ROUNDS of:
15 high sumo squats holding a 15lb weight
20 over head press with 15lb weight
150 rope jumps (Jump rope)

Then 3 ROUNDS of:
30 sec plank hold
25 bicycle crunches
20 tick tocks right and left with 15lb weight
25 rows with resistance band (pictured above)

No comments:

Post a Comment