Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Evidence of Improvement

I weighed myself this morning, because after a month of being off track I was curious to see where I was at.

228lb 

Not bad. I was at this weight near the end of September, so I'm happy to find out that my far-less-than-perfect-month didn't bring back pounds I had worked hard to lose. Thank goodness. 

A new day. A new start. 

I took the girls with me over to my parents house this afternoon. I do this pretty much every Wednesday because two of my nieces are there on those days and all the girls get to play together. My parents have a treadmill that I plan on using each time I visit, because it is very convenient to have when it comes to interval training that includes running. I decided yesterday that I was going to do the same workout that I did on July 15. It was a week before I even started thinking about The Last 100lbs, and I had just read this blog post where my sister-in-law Malorie posted a workout. Here was the suggested workout:

As fast as possible, complete five rounds of the following:
25 squats
20 sit-ups
15 push-ups
400 meter run

"Looks easy enough. I know how to do all those things."

I was so naive. 

That day in July I managed to get through ONLY 2 ROUNDS of the workout, before I felt like collapsing on the couch. I was out of shape. And the feeling of only being able to complete 2 rounds made me realize it. It was a wake-up call. 

Two weeks later I started this challenge and this blog, and on July 29th I did this same workout again. I set up a timer, pushed myself as hard as I could go, and managed to make it through 3 complete rounds in 18:53.  I called it "Day 1". This was my starting point. 

Well, today I did this workout again, and after three rounds I looked at the clock to see that I had done them in 15:12. I couldn't believe it!! And more than that, I went on to complete another entire round! Booya! 



I am sitting here tonight, feeling strong and incredibly proud of my body, getting excited for tomorrow. 

"I'm on a roller-coaster that only goes up." (from The Fault in Our Stars, which I read in a day last week while I was in bed with back pain. Loved it. Loved the movie, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment