Friday, October 24, 2014

I Can't Control Everything

Currently, we are living with my in-laws while my husband completes a work term here. While I am so incredibly grateful for Tanner's parent's love and hospitality, I just have to say that it is so incredibly hard to eat healthy when there are bad food choices staring me right in the face.

My one HUGE weakness is cereal. Cereal is my ultimate go-to comfort food. For me, there is nothing so deliciously familiar as a bowl of fruit loops and cold milk. Which is why I NEVER BUY IT. I simply cannot trust myself to resist.


Even though I do contribute to grocery shopping and meals, I am not in control of everything that makes it's way into the cupboards and fridge. And because my in-laws are also grandparents, it makes them happy to buys fun cereals and treats for their grandkids.

Today, I ate two full bowls of sugary cereal.

*sigh*

When we move back to Halifax in December, it will be easier ( I hope).

TODAY'S WORKOUT:

For 30 minutes, do as many rounds as possible of:
- 6 burpees (demo video here. I don't clap at the top, but I do add a little hop.)
- 20 sit-ups
- 20 hip thrusts (demo video here. Start watching at 00:49. I am not using weights currently.)
- 20 back extensions
- 20 squats

I had to take little breaks to catch my breath, but then got right back at it! I also had to really push myself to make sure I completed the full 30 minutes and managed to make it through 7 rounds, plus 3 extra burpees. I had an awful headache near the middle of the workout that continued/worsened throughout the workout; a painful reminder that I have not been drinking enough water today (and maybe a little too much cereal. Oops.)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment