Monday, October 27, 2014

The Weekend

I had a really great weekend that included a family trip to the big city. My husband, Tanner, won an award in a architectural design competition and to celebrate we went out to eat at his FAVOURITE restaurant, so he could eat his FAVOURITE burger. It was a really fun evening. Since the award Tanner won included a cash prize, we felt rich and indulged ourselves by ordering both an appetizer AND dessert. Gasp! We had a fun time and left feeling completely stuffed.



Even though my meal was "technically" a salad, it was fully loaded and probably had as many calories as Tanner's burger. (Okay, I just looked at their website because I was really curious what the actual calories were. My meal wasn't even close to Tanner's 1550 cal burger, but it was nearing 1000 calories. Ca-RAZY!) In the moment I was simply enjoying a dinner out with the fan-jam and having a good time, so I wasn't even thinking about calories. And, to be honest, it felt really good.

Last night, I thought that there was no way I could ever be totally perfect in my diet (who is?). I love food! I love to bake and cook. I love the sweet and the savoury. I love tasting new things. I love the feeling I get when I eat food that is rich with flavour. I am almost euphoric when it comes to eating good food (good tasting, that is).  So yeah, you can understand how difficult it is for me to restrict my diet some.

So, I'm going to try something new, and hopefully it works (TJ and Malorie do this, and it works pretty well for them). I will aim to eat perfectly during the week, while I allow myself more freedom to "cheat" on the weekends. This doesn't mean that I can go all crazy and eat whatever the heck I want. I'll keep it within reason, obviously. I'm going to try out this strategy for a few weeks and report back and let you how it goes. So far it has been going very well! ("So far" being a whole entire day. Ha!)

TODAY'S WORKOUT is split up into three parts:

FIRST do 3 rounds of:
- 10 pushups
- 20 bicep curls; I used a 15 lb weight
- 2 minutes of cardio (options: run, up/down stairs, stair switches, jump rope)

SECOND do 3 rounds of:
- 10 weighted goblet squats; I used a 15 lb weight (Demo video here.)
- 20 lunges (Demo video here.)

- 2 minutes of cardio

THIRD do 3 rounds of:
- 20 tick tocks with weight in left hand; I used a 15 lb weight, because we're buddy's now, you see. (Demo video here. Recognize that fitness model!?!? It's Mal!!)
- 20 tick rocks with weight in right hand
- 20 sit ups
- 2 minutes of cardio

This was a really awesome workout from Malorie. I loved it, and I hope that you create sometime today and try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment